Sunday, October 26, 2008

Murder Mystery

Last night we went to Clint and Jenny's house for a Murder Mystery party! It was fun! If you couldn't tell from the pictures the theme was the eighties... It was nice, they had babysitters there for the kids. So we were able to have party and still have the kids there.
This is my cool eyes... my first time wearing fake eyelashes! Nice huh?
We dressed Kami up in her leggins and used my socks for leg-warmers for her... I think she looked so cute!! We couldn't really figure out a boys costume... so Chance was just in a big t-shirt with his hair all crazy.
Steve and I were assigned to be Jim and Tammy Faye Baker... In case nobody knows who they are; Jim Baker was a televangelist (TV Preacher, pretty much) who was involved in scandals, such as sleeping with lots of hookers... He didn't really wear a mullet, but since we were at an eighties party Steve just had to wear a mullet wig. Tammy Faye Baker, was always known for her caked-on makeup and in all the pictures I ever saw of her, she was pretty fancy. My mom happened to have this awesome dress that she found at the D.I. years ago! Pretty cool huh?
Katie did my make-up and my hair for me. So that was nice! It was fun to get all done up in fun costumes! Steve even got into it! And he got to wear his pink tie again from Josh's wedding! He never thought he would wear it again! haha.
Oh... And Chance just had to try on the mullet wig! Looks pretty good huh? It was a fun night! We decided we aren't really cut out for acting... We just stood around and talked to the people we knew. It was our first time ever going to one. It was fun though. And you will be happy to know that we didn't do it!

9 comments:

Wes, Nicki, and Boys said...

I love the eyelashes! And the awesome dress! That sounds like one fun party. Your kids both look adorable too.
You are very welcome for the baby bundle! I am also so glad that I found you and that we have many more years to make up for all the ones we lost.

Heidi said...

How cute!

Chaleese said...

You guys looked so cute! How fun! We went to one of those a few years ago for Kendall's birthday party, it was a western one. Sadly Mitch was the one who died :( It was pretty fun though!!

allredclan said...

Okay, I have been offline for a few weeks due to being way overly busy, so I have a few things to say.

1- I love these pictures of you guys at this party! I always love the couples who aren't afraid to dress up and not be shy about it. You look fabulous!

2-It was fun to read your post about the Pumpkin Walk. Working on the other side, it's always good to see how people feel about it when they go. I'm glad you had a fun night. I'm sorry the line was so long. =(

3- Jake told me you were wearing a size 2... (I'm trying very hard to not be jealous.)

4- ok, What the heck... I'M JEALOUS!!! You really look great, Natalie. Way to go!

Jed and Rebecca said...

I think Murder Mystery dinners are fun! I have been to a few. I always hope is not me (but you never know until the end)

Nate and Sarah said...

Hahaha you guys look awesome! That sounds like so much fun, what a good idea! You are SO creative with costumes. I will never forget your cute kids in the mummy costumes! They looked absolutely adorable. It was so fun to see you the other day!

melbelle41 said...

You guys are so cute! can we get your e-mail address so we can send you an invite to our blog? Thanks!

SIMPSONS said...

Hey sexy GARMENTS you got going on there Natty! Oh and Steve Ty said that your hair is so hott!,he wants to stroke it!!

Ashley Schoenfeld said...

That looks so fun. I have always wanted to do a murder mystery!

Who do I look like?