Thursday, November 6, 2008

My little MUMMY'S

Halloween was fun this year! Chance understood it more than last year and the kids were mummies. I think they looked so stinkin cute! I owe a ton of thanks to my mom who did 90% of the sewing.... I attempted, but since I just started sewing a month or two ago, I'm not real fast. So I only did Kami's pants. I did a shirt for her, but it ended up not fitting, so we had to make another one and my mom did that one.
We started our Halloween day by going to daddy's work to the parade they do every year. It was fun. He had to work through it, so we went through without him. But we did get to catch up with him after. Everyone went crazy for the kids costumes. I am definately biased, so I thought they were pretty cute!We had to add bows and buttons to Kami's outfit so she wouldn' look like a little boy mummy. We still had people tell us our little boys were cute... poor Kami looks just like her big brother!
This was my favorite view of chances costume. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was cute. The fabric in the back just hung from his cute little behind. After the parade we went to the football game with Grandpa Lynn and Bupbears Sandi to see the "tite's" according to Chance. (Titans, according to everyone else.) It was fun. they did good, and the weather was really nice!
When daddy got home we went to see Great Grandma and Gramps. They love seeing the kids all dressed up. They approved of the costumes this year. Last year they told me that I was a mean mom for dressing Chance like Frankenstein. Of course the were joking...
I think they are one of my favorite places to go on Halloween! They are always so excited to see the kids. When I was pregnant with Chance Gramps would ask me all the time "When is the puppy coming?" So his first halloween he was a cute little puppy as a surprise for Gramps!

Another funny joke we have with Gramps is that he asked me for a picture of Chance to put on his table of grandkids and great grandkids when Chance was born... well I just got the pictures to him like a month ago... So everytime I take a picture with him and the kids he says, "So should I plan on getting a copy in a year or two years?" I told him to plan on two and if it comes sooner he can be pleasantly surprised! haha. I love my gramps!!
After that we went to Grandpa Glen and Grandma Dorothy's house to visit them. We got a picture of our little family over there. Yeah, Steve couldn't get enough of the mullet. I think he secretly wishes he could grow one like that! Haha.
Grandma had seen the costume but grandpa hadn't, they both loved it! And the kids loved seeing them. Our only complaint is that we didn't have longer to stay and visit with everyone. That night goes so fast!
Next we stopped and Grandpa Lynn's and Bupbear Sandi's for sloppy joes, wassail and donuts... yummy! Abby stopped by at the same time so we got to see her in her cute Witch costume. She was so cute! And Ty stopped by in his scout costume. Chance was sick of pictures and he was a little frightened by Ty's costume! Check out his cute face!
It was a fun night. After that me and Kami passed out treats to the trick or treaters and Steve and Chance went trick or treating with Dennis, Hunter and Hailey. Good times, good times!

14 comments:

Megan said...

Hey I dont know if you remember me, we went to high school together that seems like forever ago. Your boys are so cute. You have a beautiful family!

Jed and Rebecca said...

Fun costumes! I loved them! I like to go to Gramps and Grandma's for the big size candy bars. You forgot to mention that, so I thought I would.

Chaleese said...

What cute little mummies! That is the cutest idea!! Darling!!

allredclan said...

I have to admit, those costumes were the cutest mummy costumes I have ever seen. They were perfect. It looks like your Halloween was completely full of fun activities. I love Halloween. It's great!

p.s. Is Steve hiding the mullet under his pillow now that Halloween is over?

Wes, Nicki, and Boys said...

Your kids look so cute! Good job on the costumes! And I love Steve's mullet! Wes thought that it was pretty sweet. He was wishing that he had one of his own! It sounds like you had a great halloween.

Ludlows said...

Your kids are so cute, their costumes are great!

Robbie and Shay said...

Those costumes are amazing! I wish I was more creative (and knew how to sew)!! Thank goodness for helpful mom's. I just like to embarass my child (might as well do it before he know's it's embarassing!!)

Cami said...

so cute! I wish that we were still there so we could have seen "the mummy" on our front door step! You are ambitious for making those costumes! Hope you an the fam are doing great!

Hayley and Josh said...

I'm late in commenting, but can I just say that you are the cutest and best mom ever? You totally go all out for stuff including the cutest Halloween costumes on the planet!
Adorable!
I'm so sad I didn't get to go to Gramp's for Halloween, bummer.

Allie said...

i love the costumes! Those are the cutest mummies I have ever seen! good job!

Anne said...

so i totally stumbled across your blog from someones elses. how funny! how are you guys?? i haven't see you all forever! your kids are so adorable!!

Taylor Family said...

I love the costumes. You are so lucky to have your talented Mom. She is going to be a great Relief Society Pres.

The Martin's said...

Those are the cutest costumes!! So creative I love them!

Heidi said...

What darling costumes! How are you guys? When are you coming up to Logan? We'd love to have you. Check out our pictures on the blog!

Who do I look like?