Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Bow Hunt


Well we survived a WHOLE WEEK (yeah, thats right... 7 days) of camping with Crazy man and a newborn. Brave huh? I thought so. But it went pretty good. I can say that now that it is passed. Kami was a total angel. She was a perfect baby up there and that I am grateful for. Chance loved and I mean LOVED playing in the dirt and eating as you will see from the pictures. But he was a little tough up there. Naptime was impossible because he knew what he was missing out on. Nights were rough too because Steve went out on the night hunts and it was a little chilly for us to be outside, so keeping him happy in the trailer was a killer. But he slept good and he had a great time... but I was ready to be home after a few days... camping was much easier before kids, but it is fun to see our kids learn to love the outdoors like we do. Chance found a few new best friends too! He loved playing with Hayley and Hunter from sun-up to sun-down and he realized that Dennis was a good guy to go to when we told him no... Example: Chance says: "mom, I wanna treat." I say: "how about you have lunch/dinner first and then you can have one." Chance says: "Dense (thats what he calls Dennis) treat?" and Dennis gets him a popsicle... or four right before lunch. haha. I had a good time visiting with Cortney and Dorothy too. It really was a nice trip. And I did enjoy when I was able to go with Steve and spot deer for him. He didn't get one, but he can tell you about the big beauty he missed... sorry honey!

Chance would say "cheese" and right after I would take the picture he would say "cute!" And I would laugh and he would say... "Funny!" He is a crack up!

Here is our cute little trailer!

The kids loved their warm pajamas from grandma sandi. And Chance LOVED playing with sticks.

Kami was sooo good and she grinned a lot! She even learned how to play pinochle with daddy...

10 comments:

Allie said...

wow 7 days is a long time to go camping with kids! Your brave! Your little trailer is cute! Sorry to hear about the one that got away!

Heidi said...

Oh your kids are so adorable! Sounds like you made some great family memories this weekend - sounds like a blast! You are the cutest lil' mommy!

Bry and Amb said...

Camping is a lot different with kids - that's for sure! But it's fun to see them enjoy the things that we enjoy.
We should get together and let the kids play! Plus I REALLY want to take some pics of Kami. Sorry I haven't got with you sooner!

Heidi said...

Don't you love how you have to pack twice as many clothes since the boys live in the dirt! Laundry was a killer when we came home from camping. The trailer does make it easier though. Kami is getting so big. We need to get together. What nights are good for you guys?

Robbie and Shay said...

Natalie - Your a brave brave women to live in a trailer and dirt for 7 days with two little babies!! They are so dang cute - even covered in dirt!

Jaime said...

Wow 7 days, you are very brave!!! Kami is getting so big. I need to come see you guys and give her a squeeze.
I'm glad you had a good time!

Ashley Schoenfeld said...

Oh My! You're our kind of family! We love roughing it! Thats so cute dirty faced boy of yours make me want a boy soooo Bad! Give me a Year or so though!

The Johnson's said...

Its about time you updated your blog... :) j/k I love camping... I wish i could do it more often. Your kids are still as cute as ever.

allredclan said...

Natalie! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Chance at the top of the post! It totally made me crack up! What a great picture to have of him! And yes, I think you were very BRAVE to take them and do what you did. You rock, Sister! =)

Cami said...

Hey Miss Natalie! Thanks for finding me! Kami is so blastin' cute! Chance is too! They are identical I think! Your vacation sounds fun!!

Who do I look like?