Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day! A message to four Fathers


STEVE:
This week I have REALLY REALLY appreciated Steve! With changes taking place in our family with a newborn baby, juggling two kids and all of the responsibilities that go with that I have really seen Steve pick up my slack and take control. I love watching him with our kids! I fall in love with him more and more as I watch him with them. He is so good with Chance! He takes the time to be patient with him and to teach him what things mean and how to do things. Just the other day I loved watching him teach Chance how to throw the basketball instead of just pushing it into his little hoop. He also takes time to explain what things are and Chance is really catching on to new words and meanings of words. It is also amazing to watch him with our sweet Kami. I love watching the love in his eyes as he holds that precious baby! I just want him to know today that I love him more and more each day. When I fell in love with him 4 years ago I imagined that he would be a good dad and I couldn't wait to see how he would be as a dad. Today I am so glad that we found each other! I really do love watching him with our kids! It is very special... so Steve, Thanks for everything and Happy Fathers Day!
MY DAD:
I think when I was young I thought that I would grow up and move out and that I wouldn't need my dad as much as I did when I lived at home. I have come to know that I still need him very much. I still feel like I can rely on him to help me out with problems and I know that he loves me and is proud of me. It means so much to feel that from him. I am so grateful for the spiritual gifts that he has given me. I know that his testimony and his teachings, along with my moms, helped me to become the woman I am today. When I was a teenager I found that following his counsel made me feel good, it made me feel like I was on the right path. Today I still feel the importance of living the way that my parents taught me. I am so grateful that I have such great parents.
MY FATHER IN-LAW:
When we had our baby Saturday we were a little bit caught off guard when everything went so quickly, because we thought we would have plenty of time for me to get a blessing. Glen was at the church that morning filling the baptismal font for his calling. When everything went so quickly he wasn't able to come up and Steve felt a little lost without his dad there to comfort him. We talked later about how we still need our parents. He said that there are times when he still feels like a kid who "just wants his dad." I have watched Glen as he magnifies callings, loves his children unconditionally and spends such valuable time with his grandkids and I really admire him. He has such a calm way of showing love and teaching us things and I love him for that.
MY FATHER IN HEAVEN:
There is so much I could say about my dear Father in Heaven. I feel so blessed at this time in my life. I have watched his hand in allowing me to stay home with my kids... I know he has blessed us financially and I appreciate the love that he has shown even though my faith is not always strong. I am grateful for him allowing me to have the joy of parenthood. I watch this newborn baby and our sweet son and I am blown away at the love, the Perfect Love of a parent. It makes me realize how much Heavenly Father loves us all. I feel so blessed to know that I am his daughter! I hope that I can live my life in a way that would be pleasing to him.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That picture is so cute! I hope you guys had a good father's day. We got so lucky to have such great husbands and fathers for our children. I can't wait until our next bundle of joy comes.

Amy Jo said...

Natalie!!! It's Amy Thurgood... Your Kami is absolutely precious!!! How fun to have a Girl!! I hope things are going well for you...It's quite an adjustment with two huh??!!!but soo worth it! Your BLog is so cute!! We have a blog too, its thethurgoodtreasures.blogspot.com have fun with your kids!! Let me know if you need anything!! it will give me a good excuse to get out!! Love ya!

The Johnson Fam said...

Hello Natalie and Steve! Natalie, you probably dont know me but I went to high school with Steve. He was a great guy and it looks like he is still the same. Your family is so cute, congrats on the new addition. She is adorable! Tell Steve hi from Mary Korth.

Who do I look like?